Peach Blueberry Pie
Peach Blueberry Pie
This classic lattice-topped pie bursts with the flavors of summer-fresh peaches and blueberries. The sweet tartness makes it a seasonal favorite year after year.
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
- Place flour and confectioners’ sugar in a food processor and pulse briefly to combine.
- Scatter the cold butter evenly over the top of the dry ingredients.
- Pulse to cut in the butter, processing until no lumps are visible and the mixture is the texture of cornmeal.
- Add egg yolk and pulse to blend, mixing only until dough comes together. Do not over-process.
- Place dough on a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a large ball. Wrap the ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place flour, confectioners’ sugar, baking powder, and salt in a food processor and pulse briefly to mix.
- Add butter and pulse until it is cut in and mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add egg yolks and milk and process just until dough is smooth and evenly moistened. Do not process until dough forms a ball or it will be tough.
- Remove dough from processor, divide in half, and press each half into a ball.
- Flatten into two disks, wrap well, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press pie crust into pie plate and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, corn starch, lemon zest, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and cardamom. Rub mixture with your fingertips to combine thoroughly.
- Add peach slices and blueberries. Toss to coat well.
- Scrape the fruit, juices, and seasonings into pie crust.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out lattice dough into a disk shape approximately ¼-inch thick.
- With a pizza wheel or a sharp knife, cut dough into 10 strips, each about 1 inch wide. Place 1 strip over center of pie and 2 strips on either side, leaving about ½-inch between and trimming the ends to fit.
- Arrange remaining strips in the opposite direction on a slight diagonal to form lattice with diamond-shaped openings.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until juices are bubbling gently in the center and lattice crust is golden brown.
- Let cool to set the filling before cutting. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.