This “rich” bacon recipe will make you feel like a million bucks! Serve with your favorite breakfast items or on a sandwich.
Servings: 8 slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to prevent ingredients from sticking to pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together ½ cup brown sugar, Maple Syrup, black pepper, and 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper. The mixture should be wet and sandy.
- Place Bacon slices on the foil-lined baking sheet. Leave space between each slice to allow even cooking. Cook the bacon for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven.
- Spoon the sugar mixture over each piece of bacon, and return sheet pan to oven. Bake 10 minutes.
- While the bacon cooks, mix together the remaining brown sugar and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Remove the bacon from the oven. While hot, sprinkle the additional sugar mixture on top of the bacon slices. Return the bacon to the oven and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until the bacon is covered and crisp. Watch closely to make sure the sugar does not burn.
- Remove pan from oven, and let bacon cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute. Move bacon from pan to a cooling rack, and cool for an additional 5 minutes before serving.
Note: You do not need to flip the bacon slices as they cook. The mixture will spread and coat both sides.