Our pit master arrives at the Loveless Cafe around 4 a.m. most mornings to begin prepping the fire and smoking meats. His hard work never goes unnoticed no matter what he cooks, but it’s an extra special treat when he makes Watermelon Ribs. Whenever we run them as a weekly special, guests always remark how it’s the first time they’ve ever tried them. Try making these Southern-style sticky ribs for your next summer cookout. They are sure to be a hit!
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
Servings: 2 Racks of Ribs
- Rub ribs with a blend of the Dry Rub and brown sugar, making sure to cover all surfaces evenly.
- Bring smoker to 225 degrees then smoke ribs for 2 hours.
- Cut ribs into three bone sections and place in a roasting pan.
- Cover with BBQ Sauce and watermelon cubes.
- Wrap pan tightly with foil and braise in oven at 225 degrees for 1½ to 2 hours or until meat is falling off the bone.