So indulgent and incredibly delicious, here’s a fabulous way to use Loveless Cafe Biscuit Mix in an at-home recipe that’s sure to be a new family favorite!
Servings: About 24
- To make caramel, bring butter, brown sugar and water to a boil until smooth, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease 2 - 9 x 13 pans well; set aside. You can use use cast iron skillets if you have a few.
- Make Loveless Cafe Biscuit mix according to package directions by mixing with 2 2/3 cups buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, toss granulated sugar, raisins and cinnamon together.
- On a sheet of parchment or wax paper dusted with flour, roll ½ of the biscuit dough at a time into a large rectangle.
- Brush liberally with buttermilk and sprinkle with half of the raisin and sugar mixture, keeping one long edge of the dough wet but clean of other ingredients so that the roll will seal.
- Carefully roll the dough into a tight log and slice with a serrated knife into one inch thick slices.
- Repeat with remaining half of the dough.
- In a well-greased baking pan, coat the bottom with approximately 1/2 inch of caramel and place the slices of biscuit roll into the mixture, nestling them into the caramel and taking care to not overcrowd the pan.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes in the preheated 350° F oven or until golden brown.
- Carefully invert the pan of sticky biscuits on to a serving platter and enjoy while they’re warm!
Be sure the pans you are using have high sides so the caramel will not boil over while cooking .