This rise-and-shine dish stars our famous Loveless Cafe Biscuit Mix as the pizza dough. Make sure to set your alarm early for this one because when you start the day with pizza for breakfast, you know a great day lies ahead.
This recipe is featured in our Loveless Cafe Cookbook!
Servings: 2 Pies, 10 Inches Each
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare Biscuit Mix per package instructions.
- Roll out dough as if you were making biscuits (½-inch thick) and make one large round biscuit (approximately 10 inches wide), using a pie plate or dinner plate as a guide.
- Slide dough onto a sheet pan or pizza stone.
- Brush the top of dough with melted butter and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, rotating pan in the oven halfway through baking so it cooks evenly.
- Top of dough should be lightly browned and the middle cooked through
- While dough is baking, whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl until yolks are well-blended.
- Melt cold butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat and add eggs, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes until just set.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork sausage until browned (approximately 10 to 15 minutes), stirring occasionally and crumbling pork into smaller pieces as it browns.
- Add flour and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk to flour and sausage and bring to a simmer.
- While continuously whisking the sausage mixture, add salt, black pepper, and cayenne, then stir until gravy has thickened.
- Remove biscuit base from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, slice the large biscuit in half crosswise with a serrated knife to make two large biscuits.
- Flip the top over, browned side down, onto a second pan.
- Spoon 1½ cups prepared sausage gravy onto the top of each biscuit, spreading it to the edges all the way around.
- Add scrambled eggs, cheeses, jalapeños, onions, mushrooms, and bacon.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve.