Servings: approximately 2 ½ – 3 dozen cookies
1. Preheat convection oven to 300°F (low fan), (conventional 320°F). Prepare sheet pans with parchment paper. Line the bottoms of your sheet pans with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar, into a bowl, whisk briefly to combine; and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl on medium speed, mix together 1 ¾ cups of sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl to ensure everything is completely incorporated.
5. On low speed, slowly add the sifted ingredients until no streaks remain.
6. In a wide bowl, mix the remaining 3/4 cups of sugar and cinnamon.
7. Using a 1 oz. scoop, scoop the dough and roll into a ball. Roll the ball in the cinnamon sugar to coat and set on the lined cookie sheets. Repeat to use all the dough, setting about 2 inches apart.
8. Indent balls with the back of a teaspoon and fill with ½ teaspoon of preserves.
9. Bake about 12 – 14 minutes, until cookies are set around the edges and lightly browned on the bottom but slightly soft in the middle. Transfer to racks to cool.