Loveless Cafe Creamed Corn
6 cups corn kernels, preferably fresh, but frozen works. Do not use canned.
½ cup (plus two tablespoons) sugar
2 teaspoon kosher salt
6 cups water
1 cup heavy cream
1 stick butter
Place corn in a large pot and cover with water. Add ½ cup sugar and one teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Drain well and remove approximately 2 cups of the corn. Place those two cups of corn in a food processor with the heavy cream and ½ stick of butter. Pulse until the corn is pureed. Add this pureed corn back into the pot with remaining corn, ½ stick of butter, two tablespoons sugar, and one teaspoon of kosher salt. Simmer on low, stirring constantly until the corn thickens slightly. Serve and enjoy!
Watch the video of Tony making our Creamed Corn in the Loveless kitchen below!
- Put 4 cups of corn into one pot and 6 cups of corn into a second pot.
- To the 4 cup pot add: 3 cups water, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon kosher salt,1/2 stick of butter
- To the 6 cup pot add: 3 cups water, 1-1/2 cups of sugar, 3 tablespoons kosher salt, 1/2 stick of butter
- Place both pots on stove and bring to a boil.
- Drain the 6 cup pot of corn, return the corn to the pot and set aside.
- Drain the 4 cup pot of corn, return drained corn to pot add 1 cup heavy cream, bring to a boil then puree in a blender or food processor.
- Add the pureed mixture to the 6 cups of whole corn and, mix thoroughly and serve
Watch the video of Tony making our Creamed Corn in the Loveless kitchen.